Most of my projects tend toward the stitched and sewn category, but I have to say that I’ve been itching to venture out into new materials. Specifically concrete. Almost every DIY project I found using the material just looks awesome. My excuse for holding out on experimenting with it so far has been the cold weather because any sort of concrete-based project probably wouldn’t go over so well in the house. But now the weather is warmer and I really have no excuse! It’s time to get making with some concrete!
Here’s some great projects I found for inspiration:
1. A sleek and simple concrete bowl Rebecca from A Daily Something would look awesome indoors or out.
2. I’m tempted to make these coat hooks by Helena from Mormorsglamour. So good!
3. Sibylle from Funkytime made a concrete candle holder. Totally unexpected but a really fun idea.
4. Ugh, these stools are amazing. B actually found this one because he thought it was so great. Ben from Handmade Modern is killing it these days with tons of great concrete and other modern projects.
5. These concrete planters by Megan of Radmegan are, well, pretty rad, and they are made from simple molds like juice containers.
So are you going to make something out of concrete this weekend?? I’m actually out of town, so unfortunately I’m going to have to put off this project for a little while longer. Whatever you are up to this weekend, enjoy it and happy, happy Friday.