Every day when my dad got home from work he would go in to the pantry and grab a box of some sort of munchie and snack on it. One day he was talking to my mom about his day as he reached in, grabbed a box and started eating while telling some great story about the day. My mom listened intently while she watched him put his hand in the box, pull out the, ahem, treat, and start eating. After a few rounds, he finally realized that he had actually been eating Snausages, our family dog’s favorite mid day snack. I’m not sure what set him off –the taste of the sausage-flavored corn ball or the picture of the cartoon dog drooling over them. Either way, case in point that dog treats can be deceptive!
Here’s a round up of homemade dog treats that look so good I better make sure I label the box really well before I let my dad near them! 🙂
1. Homemade Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treat via Whole Foods.
2. Nutter Butter Dog Treats via Big Black Dogs
3. Best of Breed Dog Biscuits via King Arthur Flour
4. Nutty Bacon Dog Treats via Dog Hill Kitchen
5. Homemade Doggie Treats via The Kitchn
6. Low Fat Dog Treat Recipe via eHow
Lucy is definitely ready for another round of homemade treats after she ate all of her Corn Crumpets. Which treats would your dog love?
Happy Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekends!