Guys, I’m totally serious about this. I know this before picture looks all too familiar from when I posted something similar in a different room last year. But this time things are actually in progress and is totally happening. Get excited! Because I’m not just posting a picture of my bedroom on here for nothing!
I remember feeling slightly awkward about posting my living room on here because it just seemed so invasive. Even though blogs can be really personal, there is still a virtual barrier, and once interior house photos start going up that barrier gets a little blurry. Well, the weirdness has not gone away. I feel really self-conscious putting that picture up here. But I just need to get over it because how else can I show you progress if you don’t have the before?
The Living Room makeover fizzled out because in order to do it right, we really had to buy major furniture, and frankly, we’re just not up for buying a couch and all that stuff right now. But the bedroom is a completely different story. It’s all textile (well, for the most part) and the budget is much more doable. Here’s what I’m planning:
1. The bedspread. Ugh. Neither B nor I like this thing. We got it because when we merged “stuff” I had the blue and brown theme and he had a bigger bed, so my brown coverlet was no good. So we quickly just found something that went and the next week we both were over it. That was 3 years ago. It’s time to change it.
2. Lucy’s blanket. No, I’m not changing anything about that sweet little dog (except maybe her breath, but that’s an entirely different project to tackle). Instead, that number 2 is referring to that spotted blanket she lays on. Christmas of 1995, (18 years ago!) my brother, sister and I all got our own “fur” blankets that my mom made for us. We all lived under those things and, looking back on it, we were very possessive of our own blankets. Well mine has stayed with me after all these years and it is now Lucy’s. She basically lays here all day while we’re at work and then goes back to it around 10pm when she’s ready for bed. Is it weird that it’s a Dalmatian print? Anyway, the blanket’s fate is still up in the air. We’ll wait and see what happens to it.
By the way: Can you believe 1995 was 18 years ago?? I was made aware of this while going through the U-scan buying spray paint at Lowe’s this past weekend and a notification came up saying that I had to be born before today’s date in nineteen ninety five. Insane. Also insane that you get carded to buy spray paint now, but I digress, back to the bedroom.
3. All those pillows. There’s way too many. We’ll leave it at that. I can’t keep giving long stories since I’m only on 2 of 8 and nearing 500 words….Now that look at this picture more closely I can’t even put the pillows on the bed right side up! Something must be done.
4. The Rug. Currently there is no rug, so just imagine a wood floor if you need a visual. I threw out the old rug in disgust about 6 months ago after yet another piece of it unraveled in the vacuum. $80 area rugs from Target only last so long.
5. My nightstand. Give it a face lift.
6. Ditto to the lamp.
7. B’s nightstand is particle board and plastic screws. Time to upgrade. That’s the only furniture purchase I’m planning, which seems to be much more doable than a couch, no?
(7.5) While we’re on the nightstands, let’s go ahead and attempt to actually style both of them because that power strip on B’s is not doing much for me.
8. The curtains match the whole blue and brown theme, so those gotta go. I’ll show you a picture of those later.
9. Ugh, those bare beige renter’s walls. I want something up there to liven it up.
(bonus – not pictured) Behind the camera is all my craft supplies, and it’s not a pretty sight. So I want to try and put some order to that chaos and organize it.
So there’s the list! And I promise you’ll be seeing results soon! Be sure to check back to keep up with the progress!